Trust The Force Luke01.15.2012
So, it is time to update this blog of mine. I have been encouraged, most recently by my daughter Jill, to begin to make regular entries to this Inner Wisdom Blog. These entries will be more regular and include both my own thoughts and those bits of wisdom I have collected over the years from honored sources.
In 1983, my wife Rebecca and I attended a conference in Davos, Switzerland sponsored by the International Transpersonal Association. This was a gathering of eminent scientists and spiritual teachers in the Alps Mountains. We were out to dinner in a small cafe when two young adults, a boy and a girl, came into the cafe with a guitar and offered a Christian song to pursue their Christian ministry.
As they departed the cafe, they placed a card with a different spiritual saying on each table. Our card read something like, “Do not rebel against God’s leadings or you will spoil his plan of glory for you.” I still have this now tattered card on my desk at work reminding me to follow the Lord’s leadings.
It is in that vein that I now am committing to risk expressing my self/Self on the blog.
Let me know what strikes you and may God bless us all.
Rules for Being Human was gifted to me many years ago but I can’t remember who shared it with me. I love this set of rules and especially am fond of Rule #10, since it is so true.:
Rules For Being Human
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrevelant and stupid.
3. There are no mistake, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ulitmately “works”.
4. A lesson is repeated until it’s learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is no better than “here”. When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will, again, look better than “here”.
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. the answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.